As we all know,lauki/sorakaya is one veggie that doesnt please many(even i was one of them before:-) ).But hold on.Here is one tasty recipe with lauki that goes excellent with roti or even with rice.Ever since i made this recipe,i started to buy lauki on my weeknd shopping every time.So try it out once and u will love it.
- Peel and grate lauki to small pieces.
- Soak chana dal for 3hrs and pressure cook it for 1 whistle.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add cumin and curry leaves and let them splutter.
- Add chopped onion and green chillies and fry till brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped lauki,turmeric powder,enough water and close lid and cook till lauki is cooked well.
- Add cooked chana dal,salt,chilli powder,chopped coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.
TIP:-U may try the same recipe with cauliflower instead of lauki.